Currently studying at the Computer Engineering and Informatics Department (CEID) of the University of Patras, Greece. Young researcher in the fields of Applied Cryptography, Information Security and Computer Networks, under the department’s support and mentor professors. IEEE student member in Greece section and in IEEE Greece Gold Affinity Group. Also, serves as a reviewer in Computers and Electrical Engineering editorial system. Additionally, member of the Patras Linux User Group (PLUG) in a try to promote FOSS in working fields of research. Participated in applied Cryptography, Information Security & Cryptanalysis research projects, some of which are still running.
From 2009 member of the network administration team in the NOC (Network Operation Center) Group of the Computer Center Laboratory at CEID. In the context of NOC Group work, Anestis has been involved in large scale System & Network Administration projects. Also voluntary participates as a laboratory assistant in hardware lab courses of studying department.
Anestis research interests include Network & Computer Security, Applied Cryptography, Computer Networks, Embedded Systems and Computer Architecture.
Publications (Copyright Notice):
 A. Bechtsoudis, N. Sklavos, “Side Channel Attacks Cryptanalysis Against Block Ciphers Based on FPGA Devices”, proceedings of IEEE Computer Society Annual Symposium on VLSI (IEEE ISVLSI’10), Kefalonia, Greece, July 5-7, 2010.
 A. Bechtsoudis, N. Sklavos, “Aiming at Higher Network Security through Extensive Penetration Tests”, Revista IEEE América Latina (April 2012), Volume: 10, Issue: 3.
- Certification Award for Anestis Bechtsoudis, “Early Stage Career Research Achievements“, Athena Summer School 2011.
- 1st Place at OWASP AppSec Research 2012 University Challenge (University of Patras Team Leader).
- N. Sklavos, ‘Cryptographic Algorithms-on-A-Chip: Architectures, Designs & Implementation Platforms‘, Design & Technology of Integrated Systems in Nanoscale Era (DTIS), 2011.
- Han-Wei Chen, Srinivasan S., Yuan Xie and Narayanan V., ‘Impact of Circuit Degradation on FPGA Design Security‘, IEEE Computer Society Annual Symposium on VLSI, 2011
Anestis Bechtsoudis also served as:
- Defense Team (Blue Team) at ΠΑΝΟΠΤΗΣ 2010 Military CyberDefense exercise
- Organizing Committee at FOSSCOMM 2011
- Technical Assistant at Athena Summer School 2011
- Incident Create/Attack Team (Red Team) at ΠΑΝΟΠΤΗΣ 2011 Military CyberDefense exercise
- Capture the Flag organizing committee at FOSSCOMM 2012
Anestis Bechtsoudis contributed at:
- Emerging Threats ruleset (November 2011 Top Contributor Award)
Visit Contact page in order to get in touch with me.